How to burn your candle
- Ensure all three wicks are lit each time you light your candle.
- The three wick candle has three flames so the wax will naturally become much hotter than in the single wick. It is therefore important to make sure the candle is burned long enough to melt the whole top layer of wax but also not to burn for more than 2 and 4 hours at a time otherwise the wax and vessel will become too hot and there is a risk of affecting the fragrance throw for future burns.
- Because the wax in our candles is natural, the texture and fragrance release from the candles may vary from time to time. This is a natural occurrence.
- Always light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts or fans. Any draft can cause sooting (black marks on the vessel) or rapid, uneven burning.
- When lighting your candle, make sure you burn it long enough for the entire surface to melt and to prevent tunnelling. This will ensure your candle has a clean, even burn and maximum burn time.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and matches, as debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster.
- After extinguishing the flame, recentre and straighten the wick. Long, or crooked wicks can create high flames, smoking, or sooting. Trimming the wick to 5mm (when the wax has set) following every burn is the easiest way to prevent this.
- Stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom and never leave a lit candle unattended.
How to store your candle
- Condensation on the surface of a candle is a sign it has not been stored correctly, or has been stored for too long. Make sure to wipe this away with a paper towel before lighting.
- Storing your candles for too long can affect the scent, so make sure you use your candle in a reasonable time to make the most of its beautiful fragrance.
Because of the traditional, complex and hand-crafted nature of the manufacturing process, each and every piece will be ever so slightly unique and there may occasionally be small marks or defects on the surface of the ceramic even though each piece has been through a rigorous quality control inspection. Also the size and fit of the ceramic lids may vary slightly.
The vessels can be washed when the product has finished and be kept and reused forever.
The natural blended wax used in the candles is created with pure, natural soybean and rapeseed oils and beeswax. This unique blend sets it apart from other “natural waxes” on the market. All the ingredients are composed of non-petroleum, renewable resources; promoting the growth and care of the environment while burning crisp and clean with a gentle natural glow.
This wax is not vegan due to the small amount of beeswax added.
If instructions are followed correctly ‘tunnelling’ should not happen and all wax will be burned down by the end of the candle. The first burn is the most important and the candle should burn until the wax melts all the way to the edge. Wax has a ‘memory’ and if you only allow a small pool of wax to melt, it will only burn to that diameter in the future. There may still be wax residue on one side of the vessel which is ok as long as the wax has pooled to the other side. Any wax that remains on the side of the vessel should eventually burn down.
The wicks used for the candles are made from natural cotton fibres and are lead-free.
- If you select standard shipping orders are sent using Royal Mail and we offer free delivery for purchases over £50 (this excludes gift card purchases).
- We aim to send out your shipment as soon as we receive your order. However, to avoid disappointment, please allow at least 5 working days for delivery.
- We currently ship to UK Mainland and Northern Ireland only.
- If you select next day delivery the fee is £7 and orders are sent using DPD.
- To qualify for next day delivery you must place your order before 12 noon on a working day, if a next day delivery order is placed on a Friday it will be dispatched on the following Monday.
- Next day delivery is NOT available for the Scottish Highlands and Isle of Wight.
- Once parcels have been dispatched we are unable to change the address.
- We accept no responsibility for missing or stolen packages that show delivered to either the postal address or other place designated by our postage provider.
- Undelivered items left uncollected at the post office will be returned to us. If an item is requested to be resent full postage will be charged.
- Please note that total items within one order are capped 10.
- We hope that you will be delighted with your order. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied we would be happy to offer a refund, exchange or replacement on all goods returned to us within 14 days of your receipt of goods provided they are in their original, unopened, unused and undamaged condition. We will consider the condition of the goods being returned when making a refund.
- If a promotional or sale discount was applied to your order at the time of purchase then the same discount will be applied if you require a return or exchange.
- Return requests must be made within 14 days of receiving an item. Your request must be made with proof of purchase and items must be returned at your own cost in their original packaging. Any item that is damaged for reasons that are not due to our error, will not be refunded. Please note any products you intend to return are your responsibility until they reach us, always retain the proof of postage.
- If an item arrives broken, damaged or in poor condition please include an image of the item highlighting the fault with your return request.
- WYLDE MOON is not obliged to offer a refund or replacement item without proof of purchase, or photographic proof of damaged item.
- Refunds will be credited to the original card that was used for purchase, we aim to process returns within 14 working days of receipt of the returned item.
- Any shipping fees paid are non-refundable.
- If you wish to return an item to us please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and reason for return.